Want to donate deer to local hunger relief agencies? Check out the map below to find deer processors near you!
1. All deer donated must be harvested and reported in accordance with the appropriate rules and regulations of the NC Wildlife Resources Commission.
2. Deer must be delivered to a NCHFTH designated processing facility. All designated facilities are fully inspected by the NC Department of Agriculture. See the map to find processors near you.
3. Deer must be received by processors in an acceptable condition.
4. A donor card must be completed to authorize the processor to possess the deer and identify the successful hunter.
5. Contact the processor prior to delivery to determine the requirements for the specific facility.
6. Hunters may donate whole, half, or part of a deer to the program. The venison is ground into "burger" for ease of cooking. Packages of frozen venison are distributed to local shelters, soup kitchens, and other agencies.
7. NCHFTH will reimburse program participation processors for their labor, services and supplies.
HOW TO DONATE DEER:
Click the button below to view a list of current NC deer processors.